Thursday, April 9, 2015

Twitch


    Which experience sounds more enjoyable: Constant muscle twitching throughout your entire body or Charley Horse cramps every night when you are sleeping? What if I told you you could have both? Wouldn't you be so excited? I had and still do have these symptoms. The muscle twitching, or fasciculations as my Dr. refers to them, started in my legs. After I would go for a run or lift at the gym my legs would spazz out. They would twitch, pulse, even twerk. When I hit the hay in the evenings I would wake up in the middle of the night with extreme Charley Horses. So freaking painful. I remember punching myself in the leg trying to make them stop. The fasciculations were my motor neurons over firing and trying extra hard to send signals to my muscles that normally would get through without ever noticing. Mine were shutting down.
       We tried everything for the muscle cramping. Weird oils and lotions, banana after banana after banana, Gatorade before bed, drinking a cows worth of milk. As I said, the cramping happened mostly at night but sometimes happened in other places as well. My legs tensed up when I was driving once and I had to pull off the road onto someone's lawn. Once my right leg cramped while I was running on a treadmill and only thanks to my ninja skills did I avoid busting my shit and having a wicked face burn from the tread. Even with all of these problems I was too stubborn to go get checked out. I'd like to say I could feel that something more major was wrong and that's why I didn't want to go to the Dr., because then all this BS would be real, maybe I'm giving myself too much credit.
       Finding Grace in painful cramps and terrible twitching is hard to do. Where I can find Grace is that there are medications that relieve this pain and decrease the muscle fasciculations. I pop three of those bad boys per day to aliviate the cramping and decrease the twitching. So if I ever shake your hand and my arm twitches you'll know why now. That is of course if I haven't had a venti triple espresso from Starbucks for breakfast. 


"The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever." 2 Timothy 4:18


                                                                                                                    Gronks

3 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, actually love the style of your web site. Would you mind telling me what theme you happen to be utilizing? I’m new to this and I’m hoping to get mine looking anywhere near as cool as yours. Thanks a great deal. https://twitchviral.com/

    ReplyDelete