Friday, November 27, 2015

Food

      Taco pie, chili, meatloaf, breakfast muffins, pot roast, lime chicken, quiche, chocolate crescents, pulled pork, cheesy potatoes, pork tenderloin, and lasagna. Mouth watering yet? Family and friends have stepped in over the last month to cook for us and take a portion off of Michelle's plate every evening. These meals have allowed Chelle and I time to enjoy one another over dinner and to relax with one another after long days of teaching instead of her worring about cooking.
      These days I have had trouble feeding myself if the meal isn't a finger food or is messy. I bring simple meals to work and have had to pass on some tasty treats when I'm not around people I feel comfortable asking to feed me. Eating may be my favorite activity, especially when it's paired with beer drinking. We went out for Mexican the other night and Chelle was an excellent chips and salsa assistant. Even when there are people who may not understand why my wife is feeding me and stare throughout my meal, I continue to smile and laugh. Their glances don't change the taste of my Modelo.
      Yesterday we made the trek to Oak Park to have Thanksgiving Dinner at my mom's house. She always goes all out and cooks everything with detail and deliciousness. Her gravy is so good I put it on my Jello. Cornbread, turkey, Jello, stuffing, green bean casserole, carrots, rolls, apple and pumpkin pie, brownies, all washed down with good German beer. I've feasted like a king over the last month, and though I physically haven't been able to stuff my face myself, the wonderful conversations, laughter and  love I've experienced during that time is  the definition of Grace. 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone 

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete