Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Grace's Future

      Earlier this week my Grandma Grahnke passed away after being ill off and on again for the last few years. She lost her husband a few years back and her son, my dad in 2006. Grandma was always kind, I guess all grandmas are, she loved us grandkids so much and loved talking to us on the phone and in person. She always remembered what we spoke about the previous time and would follow up, your needs always came before hers.
      Now that she's passed and I reflect about all these conversations we had over the years I've realized I don't know as much about her as I should. Specifically I don't know what she believed in her heart about what comes after our time on earth. I probably think about what comes next more than others do having ALS, and I'm glad I know what comes next and that's heaven. I talk about finding the Grace in the day to day and I can do this thanks to my faith in God. "For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."-Ephesians 2:8. When I think about where Grandma is now I picture her with my grandpa and dad together in heaven once more, but like I mentioned, I wish I knew for sure that's where she believed she would end up.
      Unless a miracle cure happens soon I know for a fact that I will leave this earth sooner than I expected. That sucks but I've made peace with it. What I haven't made peace with is the idea that some of my closest friends and family may not join me when I'm finally rid of this bullshit disease. 
I'm not writing this blog to cast stones or judge anyone, but I am taking the time to be selfish. Selfish because I don't want you crying at a gravesite thinking of how much you miss me when I go. I want you to pause and think about the good times we have ahead, the good times God's Grace can allow us, the good times we'll share in heaven. 

2 comments:

  1.  I am overwhelm with joy and happiness and i am happy to share this with you all around the world about how Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured HERPES VIRUS...ever since i was diagnosed of Herpes virus in 2015, I was always thinking on how  I can get a solution out of my body so that i can be okay again. Until One day I went online on the internet to know more about the Herpes Virus i came across a Review Comment many people are saying that Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured their Herpes Genital Virus, I did not believe, i search again and i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from HPV AND HIV by Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME..and i decided to contact Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME to Help and i told him about my HERPES illness he told me not to worry about,that he is going to send me his herbal medicine and actually he did.i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Herpes Virus was no longer there, all thank to you sir Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, contact his WhatsApp Number: +2347030936239 .His email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. His herbs are very powerful and has no side effects. He can cured all kinds of Viruses, diseases, sicknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete