Sunday, June 14, 2015

Thoughts from Michelle


As I see all of my Facebook friends posting pictures of weddings, engagements, and anniversaries. I realize just how special marriage is. After a year of planning for a beautiful wedding I learned quickly that marriage is work and love is a commitment between two people. Kris and I were married only 6 months when he was told he might have ALS (later confirmed.) Not only did I grow closer with my husband but my love for him grew stronger. I came to the realization that marriage is not about a fancy wedding, a house, or children. I learned it's about putting the other persons needs before your own. Everyday when I help Kris dress, bathe, or do daily activities I remember that marriage is about sacrificial love and that two people who marry each other should be willing to do anything for each other just as I will for him, and I know he would for me!

 My prayer is that all newly weds and newly engaged couples would share that selfless love with your spouses. Things don't always go as planned and the way YOU think your future should go. Stay firm in God's plan and the vows you said on your wedding day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment