Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Backed Up

   

     Recently I've been transitioning to a softer diet to eliminate chances of choking on my food. This doesn't mean I'm sitting back being fed baby food puree, although it may feel like it at times. I'm still eating noodles, certain snack foods, ground meats, soup, applesauce, etc. We had a dollar store blender for making my favorite go-to meal, protein smoothies. However, that blender couldn't hack it, it exploded and now we have a kick ass Ninja.
     Just like every other concession I've had to make because of fucking ALS, I fought it. You can only choke on sharp foods and breads so many times before you develop anxiety and fear of that experience. Michelle stood right by my side, easing this transition into place. She didn't freak out, she kept eating times as normal as possible and even when we eat totally different meals we have them together, or she'll have soup just so I can eat it too. She's my Superhero in all of this.
     With this diet transition comes bodily changes. I think what I'm eating is healthier than what I had previously stuffed down my gullet. However, with straws becoming harder to use, making my water consumption go down, I load up on fiber. My bowel movements have become more spaced out and I'm full of gas at all times. Too much information? I don't really care. It isn't an easy task for someone to go poop that has ALS. Someone has to disconnect my eye-gaze, drive me into the bathroom, pull down my pants and lift me onto the toilet, so that I'm comfortable I might add. Not every time I sit on the throne is successful, I don't always have results. Today wasn't a day I could waste hours on the potty. I had an email frenzy at hand to get the message out about our next fundraiser. This is where Macgyver Kris came out swinging. Bowel movements be damned, I was going to multi-task.


     This may seem like the silliest example of finding Grace in a day that I've blogged about in a long time, but it really meant a lot to me to not cave to ALS circumstances today. Even though my body got in the way, I was able to get a win today. Whenever I win, I'm showered in Grace. 

4 comments:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from ALS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband was diagnosed of ALS in 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have trouble swallowing , and he always complain of Weakness of the body . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to ALS. I never imagined ALS has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. ALS has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello viwers My name is pamela Gard from usa, i was diagnosed with Hepatitis B for 2years and i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn’t going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mrs Isabella post on how Dr paula saved him from the VIRUS with his medicine i contacted Dr paula we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me through courier service and told me how to use it,after 14days of usage I went to see the doctor for test ,then the result was negative,am the happiest woman on earth now ,,contact Dr paul on his email address dr.paulamedicina@outlook.com today and get your cure.
    you can also reach him on his whats app number+2348128311475. am sure he can also cure any type of disease like HIV/AIDS.
    this is my number you can also call me and confirm+16623462495../

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello viwers My name is pamela Gard from usa, i was diagnosed with Hepatitis B for 2years and i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn’t going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mrs Isabella post on how Dr paula saved him from the VIRUS with his medicine i contacted Dr paula we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me through courier service and told me how to use it,after 14days of usage I went to see the doctor for test ,then the result was negative,am the happiest woman on earth now ,,contact Dr paul on his email address dr.paulamedicina@outlook.com today and get your cure.
    you can also reach him on his whats app number+2348128311475. am sure he can also cure any type of disease like HIV/AIDS.
    this is my number you can also call me and confirm+16623462495../

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY HEALTH IS RESTORE
    i am so happy to share this testimony with the world because generally there are so many doubts about the cure of hpv and cancer This is real take it serious, i am so happy that today i can give this testimony to the world and also help in saving life of people who has been condemned for death just as i was ,who will believe that herbs can cure hpv and cancer completely from the body, i never believe that this will work, i have spend a lot of money getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, it got to a time that all i was waiting for is death to come because i was broke and i already have strong outbreaks from the hpv, one day i was going through the internet asking questions online just to know more about the latest development in the medical sector to see if there is still hope then i stumbled on a post about about this great man called Dr. Ehiagwina through a publicly made a testimony on how she was also cured of ALS by this herbal doctor who is well known for his strong ancient herbal practice at first i doubted both the woman and the doctor just as so many that see's this post would doubt because medically it has been proven impossible but later i decided to give him a try so i emailed him I did not believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepare herbal medicine and sent it through Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office. they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and after receiving it, i took the medicine as prescribed by him at the end of 13days that the medicine lasted, he told me to go to the hospital for a test, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me hpv negative and cancer disappear i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospitals and was also negative the doctors were speechless and i said it was a miracle, thank you sir for saving my life even if you cannot see this post i shall never stop testifying the impact you made in my life by restoring back my life when i was being stigmatized and even avoided by family and friends , I promise I will always testify of your good works. Dr. Ehiagwina contact: ehiagwinaherbalhome@gmail.com OR call +2348162084504 you can also add him on whatsapp.

    ReplyDelete