Friday, December 30, 2016

Breathtaking Moments

     Life showcases many breathtaking moments throughout our time spent on God's great Earth. Holding a newborn baby is breathtaking. Watching your favorite baseball team win a World Series is breathtaking. Passing a challenging test, your first kiss, hearing your favorite song at just the right moment, buying your first home, these are breathtaking moments. Watching your bride walk down the aisle, staying up all night to watch the sunrise over the water, breathtaking. Watching your child grow into an awesome adult, watching families grow, keeping lifelong friends close, that's breathtaking.
     I personally have experienced a numerous amount of these moments in my life time. I continue to experience them thanks to the amazing support system around me. However, we with ALS experience literal breath taking moments that honestly scare the shit out of us. As I've said many times in this blog, ALS attacks everything we rely on in our bodies. ALS tried to take my breath away with pneumonia and in fact succeeded in taking my friend Dan's breath away for good with pneumonia just a few months back. Many of us use breathing machines in some capacity to keep our breaths from being taken away. I wear a bi-pap machine as I sleep so I don't have to worry about whether or not I'll stop breathing while I dream. Michelle knows more about lungs and how the respiratory system works then she ever thought she would have to. I have adopted suction machines, oxygen tanks, cough assists,and nebulizers, "just in case." Another friend of mine with ALS just got a tracheostomy put in because he got fed up with fighting for every breath.
     We take for granted breathtaking moments all the time. We also take our bodies and health for granted every single day, that is until something goes wrong. God created some of the most amazing living and breathing organisms that we could ever imagine. Our beautiful pets breathe, our children, the beautiful plants and wild animals in our environment. By God's Grace we wake every morning, open our eyes, take a deep breath in, and experience breathtaking moments God has created in our lives. Don't pity those that experience these breathtaking moments differently than you, but surely give thanks to God's Grace that you don't have to worry about breathing.


West side of Washington Island, WI. Breathtaking.
   

2 comments:

  1. Good day viewers , my name is Jessica Campell ,Am here to let the whole world know that I was diagnose of herpes 7years ago were all hope was lost and I had nothing to do about it,I just accepted the faith that one day I will cure of this disease and I just pray everyday for a helper and one day my sister introduce me to a great herbal man called Dr. CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME that she saw on internet,well, I gave him a try on his email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com, I was not fully convinced until he sent me the herbal medicine which he ask me to take for two weeks I took it with faith and i went for a retest in different hospitals and today am cured of this virus and am also using this medium to let all those having STD,like herpes and the rest not to give up,their is a man who can cure you,his name is Dr CHUKWU MADU , contact him on  dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com  or  contact him on his WhatsApp mobile number . +2347030936239.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete